Friday, July 25, 2008

Just Stuff Again

Sorry, no pictures yet. I failed to bring along my cable to connect my camera to my parents' computer, so the hundreds of genius pictures I've taken on the trip will have to remain inside the camera until we return. I know. It's sad.

Why is it that babies decide to get up earlier on the mornings after you stay up later? It's not very fair. Is it some cosmic thing to punish the late-night readers among us?

Why do babies invariably find the worst possible things to play with when their mothers are drowsy and slow? Bottles of lamp oil, sharp pointy metal decorative flowers, little tiny Legos...these are the things I've taken away from him in the last hour.

Yesterday was a lovely day. I ran a couple of miles, then we went to a park and played tennis (I was the Loser). The kids sewed some pjs with Nana, then we swam and played games. Oh, yes, and I dropped a pan of lasagna on the kitchen floor out of the oven. And...wait for it...we ate it anyway. That's my kind of crazy.

No comments: