Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Just Stuff

I'm still in sunny CA, enjoying perfect weather and laying around my parents' pool. Oh wait, I WOULD be laying around my parents' pool if I didn't have a 15-month-old darling daredevil who doesn't like to nap.

It has been a lovely trip so far. Flying is so much preferable to driving that I'm sorry I've even had the chance. I don't ever want to do that 10-12 hour drive again, but of course we will. I had a great time with Kurt and Ash and Eric and Nina, and the family reunion was fun. I loved seeing Chad (here from Iraq), Brent, and Matt, and it was wonderful to meet Matt's girlfriend Ananda. (She's very nice.) Everyone else left as of today, and while it was quieter, it was also more boring. The kids kind of wandered around trying to figure out what to do.

And I have truly exciting news...

I won the Youngberg Second Annual 5K! Pretty impressive, huh?

That's right. I took first out of one runner. (Every other runner was too scared to show up. Well, that, or too tired.) (But bragging rights remain mine.)

So the Youngbergs still reign supreme over the Abbotts. Ha ha ha.

The exciting news is that I was finally able to get my 5K time back under 30 minutes, barely. That is not much to brag about, but I was really happy about it. That's the joy of running to me. I don't have to compare my times to anyone but myself, and I can enjoy small victories.

I'll post pics when I'm back in town.

Today is also the first anniversary of David's dad's death. It's a somber thing, but it's also been nice to think about him and to be grateful for his wonderful life and his influence on me.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Kerri-I miss you! I'm so proud of your 5k win! :) Weren't we supposed to have an annual Grandview Pioneer Day 5k??? Having babies has thrown us off! Dave seems to be keeping himself busy with yard work and of course cleaning the cars!!! Chad asked if Kate could come play today. :( We'll have to play and visit when you get back!