Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Birth Control on a Blog

If you're considering having a baby, just think about this.

Your baby might one day decide to play in his poop. And wipe it all over himself.

Did you know this was a possibility? I did not. I'd heard stories, of course. You hear stories when you're a mom. But to really see it? To smell it? To know that you are the one who gets to clean this up? When you picture motherhood, this is not one of the things you consider.

Sometimes, in the middle of motherhood, I think, "I got a masters degree for this? I learned how to interpret Bach, Mozart, and Prokofiev, and I'm spending my days cleaning up poop?"

Well, yes. In a nutshell, here it is...the poop will only last a few years. But these children will be dear to me always.

Oh, wait. This post turned sweet. And I just intended it as a warning.

So, consider yourself warned. And if it's too late, and you're already in the middle of the whole motherhood thing, just remember...

Put your babies in a onesie and pants at all times. Or you may be writing a post just like this one.

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Kerri, I LOVE your personality and your writing style - this was hilarious. Sorry for the mess, that's the worst one by far!

Danielle said...

I feel your pain! I have also recently had a very poopy experience involving a crib, a bumper, sheet, and walls. So glad I have that Communication Degree so I can curse in style. I am also suffering from the fact that Hannah can now undo snaps (think onesie)and take off pants. I'm now vulnerable to the same occurence every day. It only reinforces the fact that four is the limit for the Haroldsen's!

Katie M said...

Haha, I love you Kerri.

I just got released from Nursery (aka birth control) after 1.5 years in there. It was quite the experience. On one of my last Sundays, two kids peed their pants and one girl pooed in the closet!!

On this topic, somehow I never knew that Brianna was expecting and I found out today! I'm glad she has a great big sis to show her the ropes.

Janae said...

OH MY GOSH!! My jaw is completely dropped to the floor about now. Mitch did this for the 1st time YESTERDAY! Seriously..I swear. I tried to sleep in, because my parents had just left and I was soooo beyond exhausted, so that left my 2 yr. old under the supervision of my 3 1/2 yr. old right? Yeah...not a good idea. I woke up to my 2 yr. old covered in poop too!!! I wanted to DIE! Soo glad I'm not the only one who's child likes to fingerpaint with poop. What are we to do?!

Janae said...

What?! Bri's pregnant! How cool is that! I knew it wouldn't be long. When's she due?

Shannon said...

Oh man, that sucks! I hate when they do stuff like that. Not the same thing, but we had a stomach bug around here last weekend. Cleaning up throw-up at 2:00 am is some pretty effective birth control too.

Wendi said...

Oh girl, that is some serious crap to deal with all in one day. Gotta love motherhood! LOL