Friday, February 11, 2011

To My Blog

I have not forgotten you, oh dear blog.

You have been on my mind.

I would like to fill you with lovely pictures and thoughtful words.  Really, I would.

But I'm just kind of freaking out right now, so this is all you get.

Two weeks from tomorrow is the big audition.  TWO weeks.  That's fourteen days, blog.  FOURTEEN!

I'm practicing four hours a day.  And next week I think I'm upping it to five.

My house?  A minor wreck.  My children?  Pretty well loved and cared for, since I'm trying to avoid major practice sessions in the after-school hours.  My husband?  A saint.

My fingers?  Cracked and bleeding.

My head?  Totally full of music and theory and technical details.  Stretched...OH, how stretched.

My heart?  Full of awe at the mercies of a loving Father in Heaven.

I'll be back one day to fill you in on the details.  Until then, think good thoughts my way.

(And to my friends and family: if you're in the area and want to be a live body to make me nervous and watch me hyperventilate a little, let me know.  I'm going to do a few (a lot of) run-throughs in the next little while and wouldn't mind an audience here and there.)

4 comments:

Amber said...

Woo hoo! So very excited for you! I can't imagine the pain of those fingers...ouch! You must have breezed through childbirth after enduring years of cracked fingers :> And you're going to do great.

Karissa said...

I would LOVE to be a body for you to practice in front of. Let me know when and hopefully we can make it up there!

Lara Neves said...

LOTS of good thoughts and prayers coming your way! Good luck Kerri! You'll be wonderful, I know you will.

Camilla Millar said...

Eloquently put (as always). Good luck in the coming weeks.

Sometimes a neglected blog means a full life. The blog will be here when your life empties a bit. It is only us, your faithful readers, who will miss you.