Saturday, August 9, 2008

I love the Olympics.


It's true. I'm an Olympic junkie. I think we won't be getting much done around our house for the next couple of weeks.

The Opening Ceremonies were remarkable. I loved so much about it. But I couldn't stop thinking about the average Chinese citizen's annual income compared to the cost of the darned ceremony. And then I read about the injuries of some of the performers. And what about the Tai Chi performers and having to practice for 2 days straight? In the stadium? And then how the performers didn't get fed for a day during rehearsals because of security? C'mon. And freedom of the press? And taking away the visa from...

OK, I got a little upset there. Back to the joy of the Olympics...The spectacle, the numbers of performers, the colors and lights and fireworks and music...it was all so amazing.

And so we've decided that our normal routine of work can wait for a week. The TV's on more than it's ever been on. And remarkably, I'm fine with it. Hooray for the Olympics.

4 comments:

Megan B. said...

I agree with you...some stuff has been upsetting to hear. It's been amazing to watch, though. And that's what it is really about-sportsmanship, not politics.

Debbie and Boys said...

Just tonight I thought "I want to blog about the Olympics!" Then I clicked on yours and was glad to see we're not the only ones with our attention glued to the TV. Our kids don't get it yet, so hopefully they survive another week and a half! I've already been emotion watching some of the USA victories!
Anyways, I love stopping and peeking in on your world once in awhile.

Michelle said...

I second that! I love the Olympics. Gymnastics are always a fave. Go USA!

Our EyreLife said...

Thanks for the playdate today! I don't know who enjoyed it more, Wyatt or me...

Sure love you guys!