Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm all alone...

Well, Ben's actually in his crib asleep. But David and the bigger kiddos are in the next-door neighbor's backyard. Camping.

David is a good dad.

He kept asking the kids all week "Are you SURE you REALLY want to camp in the backyard this weekend?"

Then today: "Really, are you TOTALLY SURE? Because if you don't want to, that's FINE with me."

What a trooper. John is a trooper, too. I'm grateful they've decided their comfort is less important than making memories with their children.

Good times, good times.

I need to go to bed. I'm supposed to run 11 miles tomorrow. Hmmm...so much for an early start.

3 comments:

Our EyreLife said...

11 miles....getting ready for that half, eh?

Thank you for inviting me on the run but the longest I've run this summer is 8 miles and I haven't run more than 6 in over a month. I would pooh my pants (in both senses of the phrase) if I tried to run 12 miles this week.

BUT, I support you in EVERY WAY and hope to run a half with you sometime!!!

Biggest hugs

Michelle said...

I love that you do 1/2's too! Which one are you training for? I've done a couple of them also. Have you done the Ragnar? I love fellow runners!!!

Janae said...

Kerri, how do you do it all?! I am trying to start a new workout routine starting tomorrow..how many times do you think that's been said? ;0) I LOVE reading your blog, I went back a long ways and have to make a comment about your post to your friend stating how abnormal and unperfect lives really are, (the one with dirty laundry pics), and I just have to say that you had me in tears with laughter! You are soo funny! LOVE..LOVE it! Thanks Kerri for making motherhood easier.