Friday, September 19, 2008

Family Stuff. In which I am a Domestic Diva.

It's been a busy week. I say that, and then I must type the truth. It's been a busy week in my new post-teaching life. In my teaching life, this would be a piece of cake week. Teaching complicated my life. But that's a conversation for a different post.

Sophie turned nine. Nine years old. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was giving birth to her without medication because she decided to come so quickly? (I always wanted to give birth naturally, but I seem to become a wuss around 6 centimeters. "Just GIVE ME THE EPIDURAL." Thanks to Sophie, though, I got my wish. Natural childbirth. Way to be one with nature.)

Here is my sweet girl, and my sweet girl with my sweet husband:


I could go on and on about Sophie, but let me just say that she makes me happy and she keeps life interesting. I love her very much.

We went out to dinner on her birthday, then had some family over on Thursday for dinner and cake. Now she wants to have her friend party. I offered to pay her $50 if she'd skip the friend party. No go. I upped it to $60. No go. Drat.

Then tonight, Kate had her first recital in her new studio. She admitted to some nerves, but played well. She was also darling. Five year olds playing the piano are very cute, with their short little legs resting on a stool, and their sweet little fingers with dimples instead of knuckles. I'm really enjoying this experience with Kate, can you tell?

Here is Kate and Kate with her wonderful teacher:


And the Domestic Diva part? Let's just say that Sophie requested orange rolls for her birthday breakfast. On a school morning. And Amazing Mother that I am...

3 comments:

Malisa said...

My babies never came fast enough to do it without medication.

Sophie is such a cute girl.

Did you save any orange rolls for me?

Katie M said...

Oooh I love these photos! Miss you and your kiddos.

Our EyreLife said...

OH, Sophie!

I love you, girly. I miss you just as much as I love you!

You're beautiful and talented and positively radiant in every way.

Big birthday hugs,
Jessie