Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fantastic

I can't believe I'm posting a link to a Daily Herald article! Wow! Who would have guessed after all those Daily Herald jokes I've made over the years. But this guy is remarkable. After serving a mission in Ghana, he saw that most schools were dark places without any electric lights. He saw a need, he figured out a beautiful solution, and he's blessing the lives of hundreds of children, both with play and with learning.

I want to help with things like this. Only problem is that I don't have a spare $7000 lying around. But if you do, this could be a great place to put it!

Read this article.

Make sure you watch the short video. I love when the forty kids jump on the merry-go-round with face-splitting grins.

2 comments:

Malisa said...

Have I ever told you about my idea? I thought it up years ago. I'd like to see a GYM that generates electricity. Think about it. All those people working hard physically and using energy could be making it instead. Like say, a stationary bike, could be generating power!

AND THEN, everyone at the gym would be DOING SOMETHING! Talk about purpose.

Liz said...

Genius! I like your friend Malisa's idea as well! Maybe we could hook one up to the swing on our tree and Kate and Chad could power the light posts on the street? :) (BTW, thanks for calling to invite me to run with you! I didn't even get your message until an hour ago! Dang!)