Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ensign Peak


In all my years in Salt Lake City, I've never hiked to Ensign Peak. It's a perfect kid hike: not too long, but with a payoff at the end. I can't believe we've never hiked it! Our primary presidency set up a family hike for last Saturday morning. It was a perfect day, the kids were happy, and Ben hiked the entire thing, which meant that we were far far behind the rest of the group.

It was a bittersweet morning. Friday night we found out that the sale of the house will likely go through. I was still in denial all morning, but the word was out and it was sad sad sad.

But the hike was lovely, I got to be with people I love, and Ben was so so fun, so that was all good.




The girls waving at us. Yes. We were that far behind.

My trio. Josh was sick.

I love my valley. Sigh. How can I leave it?

Grandview 2nd Ward

The Hughes


Marianne and Ava Teerlink


Sophie, Jasmine, Isabelle

5 comments:

Gaylene said...

I am so in love with that beautiful Ben. He is the cutest thing on this earth--next to my kids of course. Glad you were there. Not so glad you are leaving though!

Danielle said...

I'm not going to lie. I still miss that ward sometimes. You just get to spread a little of Grandview 2 with NSL.

Malisa said...

Cute Ben. Sad/good times for you. What a great idea for the primary to do!

Jen Feeny said...

Those pics are beautiful! It sounds like it was a wonderful time despite the bittersweet.

Same b-day, shoes and hair color! Could it be we're long lost twins?!?!? That is too crazy! Good luck on your marathon girl!!!

Austin and Leslie said...

That hike does look fun. I've never done it either. Love the pics of Ben hiking.