Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Eve, Part Two 12.24.10


Really, are any other pictures necessary?

No.

But here they are, anyway.

We were supposed to have a bad sweater night and do our White Elephant gift exchange, but most of us forgot.  Kurt did NOT forget.  His bad sweater should win a Major Award.

And look...his outfit gets even better (speaking of Major Awards...)




Briana was the proud recipient of some really large, really frayed jeggings.


And David got an Ironman 2 suit, courtesy of Eric.


Kurt was very excited for Dad to open his present, which turned out to be little blue pills of one sort or another.


Everyone enjoyed Dad opening that present...


(Seriously, I think I laugh more during the Youngberg White Elephant exchanges than I do the rest of the year combined.  My cheeks were ACHING afterward.)

Eventually we settled down with reruns of Christmas Story to finish the last-minute wrapping.  Normally I'm up until 3 or 4.  I did MUCH better this year, and was in bed before 2.  Aren't you proud of me?

As we headed up the stairs to bed, I had to take in the scene below me.

It may look like a lot of loot to you, but to me it looks like a lot of love.  I love this family of mine.  I kind of adore them.

1 comment:

Brett Abbott said...

Wow. Maybe it's because that scene from the living room is just like the view I have from my house, or maybe it's because I have logged 10,000 hours in that house, but that last picture, from the top of the stairs, is one of the coolest pictures I have ever seen. An instant classic. Thanks!