1. There IS such a thing as too much rain.
2. Parenting gets less exhausting but not easier.
3. Throwing some vinegar in the bottom of my dishwasher with every load gets rid of that white yucky film that was all over my dishes.
4. Eating a lot of cake doesn't make me skinnier.
5. Dogs are hard to take care of when they are 15.
6. I can do hard things.
7. It's more fun to play the piano when I'm not worried about being perfect.
8. Running is hard every time I go out. Easy run, shmeasy run. No such thing. There's really just a hard run, a really hard run, and an I want to puke run. (But it's still worth it. See #6.)
9. I feel almost the same at almost 40 as I did at almost 30, except I'm more wrinkled, more flabby, and just a teensy bit more wise.
10. That boy-short haircut I thought was so cute and hip at almost 30? Looking at a picture of it, I'm thinking maybe not so much. (Yes, my brothers, you were right. Is it my fault it took me a decade to believe you? And admit it?)