Tuesday, October 16, 2007

They say it's my birthday...

Well, it WAS my birthday yesterday. The big 3-6. It was a fun day, overall, although I made the mistake of trying to give the big kids their piano lessons...I had to lay down on the couch after that. There is a reason I teach them on Saturdays, and it's called stress.

I ran 4 miles with Ben (we got to run through fallen leaves on a perfect autumn morning...so so so gorgeous), met David for lunch at Red Rock, (creme brulee...yummmm), took Sophie to violin and Josh to cello, then we all went to Bombay House for dinner, despite complaining for the kids. Once they had Chicken Pakora in front of them (glorified chicken strips) they were happy and so was I. Then we opened presents (new running shoes, slippers, sunglasses, a shirt and some fun things from my mom) and had lemon sour cream pie from Marie Callendar's. Didn't David do well? He also wants to get me a new lens or backdrop and lights for pictures indoors...we'll see. I think he did PLENTY, so maybe he can save the rest for Christmas. The kids made me cute cards and tried to be nice to each other.

4 comments:

Jessie Eyre said...

HAPPY BELATED!!! I love your posts--I can hear your voice in all of them! I will actually be heading home from Vegas (a very sarcastic woo-hoo from ME) on the 27th, but I'll be up there THIS weekend (the 20th) and most all of them AFTER the 27th. Bad timing. I'd love to give Soph a lesson, though. Just give me the word and I'll be there...just not on the 27th...
Big hugs to the birthday girl!

P.S. So jealous of your run! I miss Salt Lake runs!

Deidre Rodman Struck said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KERRI!! You look BEAUTIFUL as always. I miss you!

Deidre Rodman Struck said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KERRI!! You look BEAUTIFUL as always. I miss you!

Our EyreLife said...

Hmmm. I just realized that you may have wanted a CANNING lesson on the 27th...If that's the case (laughing), then we can certainly schedule a canning date for the two of US!!! Just let me know!

Jessie