Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Things I'll Miss About This Winter

Spring is really almost here, and I'm excited! For once, I got my taxes done before April, so I can really enjoy the season :)

That being said, there's always something I miss about each passing season. So here's my list:

I'll miss...

An actual snowy winter. This winter was so wonderful! The snow came often, which kept the air cleaner, and it stayed cold so the snow stayed on the ground. I didn't have to suffer through one of those brown winters with terrible air that I hate so much.

Boots. (Not shaving my legs...need I say more?)

No bugs.

Kids getting bundled up and playing outside for hours, making forts and snowmen and having snowball fights.

Snowshoeing.

The quiet of a snowstorm, the way it blankets the world and makes me feel like holing up indoors, making cookies and reading a good book.

There's no stopping the seasons, though, and there is DEFINITELY a downside to winter, like running with a hat and gloves, cleaning up all those sopping snow clothes, feeling more isolated from the neighbors, and watching it get dark at 5:00. So bring it on. I can't wait for flowers, trees in bloom, hanging out on the front lawns with the neighbors while the kids ride bikes, park days, picnics, and flip flops.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Wonderful post, Kerri! I really needed to read that, as I complained too much toward the end of the winter season! I'm totally with you, especially the shaving the legs part! :)