Monday, April 14, 2008

Ben's First Haircut


Last week was a bittersweet week for me. It began on Saturday and Sunday as Ben became more adventurous in taking steps (no more than two at a time, thank you.) Then on Monday we decided it was time for Ben's First Haircut. Oh, the emotions involved in trimming those golden locks...I am not ready for my baby to grow up!

Ben did not enjoy the experience until we shoved a red sucker in his mouth. Then all was well. Hooray for candy.

What a handsome BOY! I love his new look, but I miss the babyness of the longer, wispy hair.

The rest of the week followed, and I'll add pictures soon: Tuesday we got to see Jessie and Wyatt (fun!) and Stephanie Sharp (so exciting!), Wednesday Ben turned one (oh my), and Saturday Kate turned five. How does time fly so quickly?

3 comments:

Our EyreLife said...

We sure loved seeing YOU GUYS, too!!! I have told several of my friends how impressed with your kids I was/am. You certainly surpass the ideal mama...

Also, we thought of you the WHOLE DAY on Wednesday! Not just because we had you fresh on our minds from the night before (Dust still needs to make another apt. with you to continue with the cool info...) but also because we are still AMAZED that a whole year has gone by since you "survived" the birth of little GORGEOUS Ben!

He sure is gorgeous. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN!

Give me a call re: Dust...and lets have our babes have another playdate soon!

Big hugs to you all!

Shannon said...

He's so handsome! He looks so much like his big brother Josh, doesn't he?

Kerri said...

Shannon, you're so right. Sometimes I can't believe how much my kids match, even though of course they each have their own look too. As Ben gets older, I see a lot of Sophie in him, too.