Saturday, April 19, 2008

Kate's Fifth Birthday



So many birthdays, so little time.

I will admit, last week just about did me in! It was full of great moments, but was certainly a little overwhelming. Thanks to a dear friend, I was able to finish preparations for Kate's party (miracle of miracles) and Saturday morning she had her Garden Party. She and 9 of her best friends celebrated by coloring, playing garden games, decorating flower cookies, planting pansies in little pots, and eating flower cake. Whew.

Mileposts like this one remind me how truly blessed I am. My little Kate is a remarkably kind girl. She was my first child to actually act as the child-raising books said children would act. Another of my children at four averaged five to eight timeouts a day. Kate averages one or two a month. She loves her family, art, reading, and music.

Not only am I blessed in my children, but I am blessed in friendship. On Thursday, I was a bit overwhelmed, and called a friend to vent. In an hour and a half, she had made the cookies for the party and brought them to my house to put in the freezer. The next morning, she called and said she would do all my shopping. She did in one hour what it would have taken me five to accomplish. She saved the day, especially as I ended up having the beginnings of mastitis by that afternoon. I love my friends. They are amazing people, and I appreciate the talents they have that I do NOT.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tracy said...

I love your friends, too! :) What a perfect little girly party - great job, mom! (and mom's friends) :)

Libby said...

Awww... thanks for sharing. Your family looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Megan Croft told me about your blog, so I had to check it out. I love all the pictures, and cannot believe Josh and Sophie are so big now!