Thursday, April 3, 2008

Things That Have Happened Since Last I Posted...

1. The fish died. I waited 4 days after I was sure he was dead, just to really be sure. Yup. He was dead.

2. My computer finally crashed. It had been threatening to crash for a while (HEY, that's just like the fish!), but I kept hoping it wouldn't. So I went out and bought a Mac. Yes, you heard me. I'm a Mac convert. No more blue screen of death for me...

3. The weather got lovely, then it got ugly again, then it got semi-lovely, but I hear it's going to get ugly again. Come ON. Utah Spring is a piece of work. I will say that running when it's in the 50's is wonderful, but for any other reason, 50 is just a lame temperature.

4. I decided that I would fight my going-to-bed-too-late battle by making myself wake up at 6:30 am EVERY SINGLE MORNING. The thought behind this (not an original thought. I found it on a blog. That makes it absolutely true.) is that I will eventually be so tired that I will start going to bed on time. Day 1: super productive. Day 2: kind of productive. Day 3: not so productive. Day 4: mostly zombie. Day 5: I start screaming at everything moving and decide that the experiment must end to save all of us. Notice the time stamp on this entry? Yup. I still haven't figured out going to bed at a decent hour.

5. Eric and Christina put an offer in on a house LESS THAN A QUARTER MILE AWAY! I know because I keep driving by. And running by. Oh my goodness, it's absolutely amazing. I can't wait. Will and Kate will be in kindergarten together! And eventually, so will Ben and Ez! Super remarkable.

So anyway, I'm back, and I'm sure that if I keep staying up late, I'm likely to post more often.

By the way, I think that tagging just means you answer the questions on your own blog and then tag someone else. I'm new to all this, myself.

4 comments:

Our EyreLife said...

Welcome back!!! :)

We're really looking forward to seeing you this coming week! I really think you and David will think Dustin's info is AWESOME.

We visited Liz and Emma last week and they were pretty excited about it all. I was just excited to see them again...I can't believe its been over 10 months since I coached the girls. Yowsah. I am just counting down until Tuesday...

Big hugs until then,
Jess

P.S. My deepest condolences for the loss of your fish :)

Christina said...

Kerri, I'm glad you've posted again! I always love your blog. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Tracy said...

Kerri - it was actually comforting to read your #4 - nice to know it's not just me. I can't seem to go to bed before midnight, even though it's been my desire for years. Ugh. Love your blog!

Prairie said...

HI Kerri!! It's me Prairie! Jessie linked me to you! I have missed you guys and would like to keep in touch! Your blog entries are great, I've enjoyed reading them! I'm not a true blogger yet but we just bought a new house in Philly and I needed a good way to share the photos! So you can now find us at http://larryandprairiedaugherty.blogspot.com
Keep up the great posts!
Love Prairie

PS Are you guys going back to gym with Jessie??