Monday, December 14, 2009

Not Really So Hard

So, yes, parenting is hard. There are days that I fail miserably and complain and think, "Why me? Why is this so frustrating? Why do I feel like such a failure?"

And then I read this article about Stephanie Nielson and I am inspired again: to try again, to pick myself up again, to work a little harder, to be a little better. Because despite struggles she couldn't even imagine, despite the unimaginable pain she would have to endure, she decided to stick around and parent the children she loved. She decided that life and mothering were worth it.

I can surely enjoy MY cushy journey just a bit more.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Whoa! So this is the first time I've actually read about Stephanie! I think you and Bliss have mentioned her story before, and I just have never taken the time to read about her. Shame on me! I so needed this today! Thank you my friend! I think I can make it through the next couple of nights with my husband away trying to make money! And then when I get frustrated and selfish again, maybe I'll sit down and cry again and read her story all over again to put me in my place! You're right...not really so hard!!!

Camille said...

Thanks for sharing... Puts things in perspective!