Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy January

Actually, it's not a happy January. I have a very bad attitude right now, so there. I had the really fantastic opportunity to have mouth surgery on Friday. There's nothing like that to let you know that you're getting old. No one in the periodontist's office was younger than 60 EXCEPT ME. Why me?

Anyway, feeling sorry for myself aside, it's been good to try to get the kids back in a routine.

Ben is Mr. Explorer. He wants to chew on everything he sees, and teeth #3 & #4 have made their appearance. It looks like he'll have fangs for a while like Josh did...his middle top teeth have NOT yet come in. He is so smiley and charming and utterly adorable. It's too bad he doesn't know how to sleep.

Kate started ballet last Thursday and has been on cloud nine. What is it about dancing that seems to make a little girl's dreams come true? She just can't believe that she's lucky enough to go to dance class. She skipped and leapt happily around the room and smiled or concentrated intensely the whole time.

Sophie and Josh have been filling our downstairs family room with box houses, using all the discarded Barnes and Noble and Amazon.com delivery boxes from Christmas. I love the imagination, but I'm not sure how long I can stand the clutter. Josh was told that he's ready to schedule his Book 1 Recital for cello. He's very excited. Sophie's nearly there! She's finished her last song in Book 1, and now we just have to polish. I know, however, that polishing is more than half the work...

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Kerri, so sorry about the surgery! I hope you are feeling OK afterward. I can feel your pain on the non-sleeping baby. I thought I ordered the model that sleeps through the night by now....