Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it's 2008. I'm in denial. The kids go back to school tomorrow! Yikes!

It's been a nice holiday, although too short.

Christmas Eve was here with Eric, Nina, kids, Paul, Cindee, kids, and Dave's mom. We had a pinata, the traditional clam chowder dinner, a very informal Christmas concert (all of us played drums for Little Drummer Boy. Ben even got into it with a shaker) with all the kids playing or singing a Christmas song, and the acting out of the Christmas story. Eric was a donkey, carrying Mary (Abby) to the inn (the piano bench). Baby Jesus (Ben) didn't want to stay with Mary, so the shepherd (me) ended up holding him through most of the story.







Christmas night I was only up until 3 am. Not as bad as last year...The kids were up until midnight and so we actually all slept until 8:30. We watched a DVD I'd made of David's dad reading Luke 2, then opened presents. We then had brunch here with a lot of David's family, then Christmas dinner (tamales...yummy) at Eric and Nina's. It was busy but wonderful.










Last night we rang in the new year with the neighbors and Eric and Nina and clan. It was so much fun. We played games and then had a Dance Dance Revolution showdown. Nina and I were the eventual winners. I think she finally won at 12:15, so she can claim the New Year's Eve championship. The men and big kids lit off fireworks at midnight and we all hoped for a happy and fabulous 2008.

My main goals are to memorize 10 pieces (3 of them new), run 500 miles, and do a recital with Nicole. There are more, but I'll post these three so I can be accountable. Ran 2.3 today. Not a lot, but a beginning. I've been a slug since Thanksgiving, so getting out at all was a victory.

So Happy New Year to You!

1 comment:

Our EyreLife said...

Happy New Year Green Family! It feels like a new WORLD these days, doesn't it? Our little Wyatt was the baby Jesus this year, too. He didn't last very long either. It just makes me want to give more kudos to the REAL baby Jesus for being (supposedly) so calm and "silent" that night. Yeah right. :)
Welp, anyway, big hugs to the 6 of you! Hope to hear from you soon!
Coach Jess