Wednesday, June 25, 2008


Ahh, the joys of messy babies. David can't stand watching him eat, but I think it's cute, the way he two-fists his mac and cheese into his mouth, dropping the vast majority all over the floor. Natalia loves to sit next to Ben's chair. It's a feast for her every meal. If only we could keep him in a high chair, and not on the table. He has squirmed out of every chair we've tried. I can't tell you how many times I hear a happy scream in the kitchen and go running in to find him marching around the kitchen table, waving his arms. It's just like 7 years ago with Sophie. I hope we survive it.

Sleeping...better, but Sunday night he screamed from 5:00 am until 6:30, when I finally got him up to keep him from waking the other kids. Turned out he had strep. Along with all three of the other kids. Joy. So all six of us are being treated with a killer antibiotic to try to get rid of the darn infection once and for all. Sophie's had it 3 times in the last 2 months.

We're getting ready for a trip to the St. Joe river in Idaho at Paul and Cindee's cabin. We'll be leaving Friday (if I can actually get my act together and pack in time) and returning July 3. Wish us luck on the long long drive.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh no! So sorry about the strep. I'm back to working on getting Lexi to sleep at night. Last night went OK. We can do it! Hope your trip is fun!

Our EyreLife said...

Strep is so awful! I'm sorry to hear that you guys aren't feeling superb.

Speaking of feeling superb, I was wondering if you want to train/run the Park City half marathon on August 23rd with me??? Think about it on your trip...

Enjoy yourself! Big hugs!

Christina said...

He's so cute! Have fun on your trip. . . We'll miss you guys!

Tracy said...

Oh no, I hope everyone is feeling well before your trip! Cute picture - love it!