Monday, June 16, 2008

Success?

Saturday night I spent three and a half hours on the floor next to the crib. I woke up Sunday with a sore throat and a determination NOT to spend any more nights on the floor next to the crib, so last night I tried a new tactic...crying it out. I have not felt good about doing it until now, but finally it felt like it was the right time. He'd calmed down at night more and I figured he cries in the carseat before falling asleep, and he understands so much cause and effect that it might just work finally.

So last night he didn't wake up until 5:00 (!!!) and then I patted his back, put his blanket over him and let him wail. He cried in waves and finally fell back asleep within about 20-25 minutes. It wasn't terrible, and he woke up happy.

We're getting closer.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

You mean there's hope for me??? Before my surgery I had started with just laying Lexi back down in her crib when she woke up and patting her and singing to her and getting her to go back to sleep... it was working slowly, we were making progress. Then that all went to heck and I'm back up in the night with her. Blarg.

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

Sorry... somehow I doubled posted that...