Wednesday, June 11, 2008

School's Out and I'm a Wreck

Who thought it was a good idea to let me have my kids all day long? Day after day? After day? Whoever it was should be forced to watch me try to deal with the whining and complaining and bickering. I am not doing a very good job of it. I have screamed more than I'd like to admit, and I have, in just the last three days, used the word "brat," "selfish," and "butt" (as in "get off your"). Boy. Not such a great start.

In fact, tonight Josh told me I needed to go to bed as soon as I'd fed Ben and waited for my sheets to dry. He told me I needed more sleep so I could be a nicer mom tomorrow. Thanks, kid. I needed that.

So tonight's entry is short and sweet. David's in Denver for the American Symphony Orchestra League convention. The rest of us went to Eric and Christina's for dinner to celebrate sweet Will's 5th birthday. I love that boy. He's got such a tender heart, a quick mind, and a wild streak. A very entertaining combination. I LOVE having them live close. Love it love it love it.

Tonight's goal: no feeding Ben in the middle of the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kerri. You know I love your candidness. Thanks for not making life seem so glossy and for keeping it real. :)

And of course, those of us who know you well know that, despite a few tired tendencies, you are an AWESOME mom.