Monday, February 23, 2009

Tales from the Junior High Lunchroom, Take Two

I have nothing super fun to report today. There were no almost-fights, no throwing up in the hall, no nerds getting kicked off of their table, complete with irate Kerri getting in the bullies' faces. Pretty much a quiet day...

But observing junior high schoolers is never boring. It's a little microcosm of society...the loners, the goths, the sports kids, the troublemakers, the emo kids, the popular girls. Wow. I just dug it.

Apparently, this look is hot (although it shouldn't be):


And some girls love long nails (although they shouldn't):


And boys have long crazy hair (and I have no problem with that):


Also, some kids look ten, and others, no lie, look 18.

Oh, and boys with black nail polish? Never a good look.

6 comments:

Amber said...

What you described was my world--when I taught. It gives you chills when you think that someday, these kids will be running the country. I'm so happy maturity is real and happens to most people!

Emilia said...

You're taking me back to teaching jr. high! It's creepy isn't it? It used to amaze me how some kids were so sweet and others used language I didn't even know existed. Great fun. Although, I don't think you could pay me enough to go back. :)

Janae said...

You're starting to sound like my mother back when I was in high school. :0) Is this what lies in my future when my kids are in school? Oh boy. Please don't tell me your next post is going to be about you purchasing a new old people car because it has "comfortable seats". hee hee

Shannon said...

Junior high is a scary place, and you are brave for volunteering to go there. :) Glad it was a smooth day.

Malisa said...

I guess I know how I'm doing my hair tomorrow. Hello Indian!

Austin and Leslie said...

That is so funny :)