Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Waffle Boy

So I've mentioned that Ben likes waffles. I haven't said that it's a rather unhealthy relationship. I will not admit to how many waffles this child has eaten in a day, because it would reflect poorly on my parenting...

The other day, Ben decided to sit on Josh's chair with him for breakfast. Josh made himself a very syrupy, sugary waffle (oh, my children and their sugar intake...) and turned away for a minute. When he looked back at his waffle, he found Ben sticking his fingers into the little waffle holes filled with syrup, licking off his fingers, and going back for more.


6 comments:

Danielle said...

Sarah shares the same love of waffles...or more correctly, syrup. Some days its just about getting her to eat something ... ANYTHING!

The Dunham Family said...

I think that waffles are great. My kids are addicted to bacon, with syrup on top. 1 lb. of bacon does not go very far anymore...so gross!

Liz said...

Have you let the boy try buttermilk syrup...or as we call it "Heavenly Syrup"??? I think you are a wonderful mother, and waffles are a great breakfast! I'm learning that I don't even object to sugar cereal anymore. If they eat, do it quickly, and without complaints in the morning then I'm good!

Gaylene said...

We have a waffle boy at our house too. Austin will eat them anyway he can. I have given up on makeing them, because he wants so many. He will eat them morning noon and night, if I let him. He will even eat them FROZEN (gross).

Austin and Leslie said...

Ben and I share a love for waffles. Seriously - I love anything that goes with syrup: pancakes, waffles, french toast, german pancackes. I love it all. I love how Ben poked his fingers in the the waffles squares filled with syrup. He's a cutie :)

Shannon said...

Aw! So cute!