Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Challenge, Day 2

It's really hard to believe, but here I am again.

Amazing what the threat of a $10 fine will do to help get me moving. Well, not moving, exactly, although I did get my bottom out of bed at 6:00ish am to get to this crazy class I like to go to up at the gym. And by like I mean don't like, but I feel good when I go. And by good I mean not good, but tired and weak and silly. But stronger. And yes, by stronger I mean not stronger, but wanting to be stronger and trusting that eventually I will be stronger, because an hour or two of weight training with a bunch of beautiful women wearing Lulu is sure to make me look like them eventually, right?

And yes, exercising is part of my challenge, so going to the gym at 6:30 also saved me from paying a $10 fine. Funny how this money thing works, huh?

I have a scripture for you that goes along with my gym thing this morning. Joshua 1:9 has become my personal mantra. I am using it to keep me sane and to regain my cheerful spirit. Here goes:

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

It's a good scripture for me. Pretty much I like that God is telling me that not being afraid and being strong and not being dismayed and being courageous is a commandment. And we know that if God gives us a commandment, he also gives us a way to fulfill the commandment. And therefore, I can trust that I can manage whatever is in front of me with good courage (well, I can do it with heavenly help, anyway.) Also, going to the gym and changing my 15 pound bar to an 18 pound bar? Totally a commandment. (Ha.)

Fifteen minutes are almost up again. Are you sad? I am, a little. I wanted to share how fun it was to car shop all day yesterday for cars we can't afford and how funny I think it is that I've decided to keep (at least for the time being) my 2002 Odyssey with 181,589 miles, no air conditioner, a broken rack, and bad injectors. But I think before we go to Spokane, I might have to get that air conditioning fixed. Or there will be mutiny in the Odyssey. And that wouldn't be pretty.

Time is up, folks! See ya tomorrow!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Okay. SO I'm a total copycat, but I'm loving your goal of writing, and I may have to steal it next time.

Megan Goates said...

I laughed (hard) through the first half of this post. I felt thoughtful and inspired through the second half.