Thursday, January 22, 2009

Seriously. I'm Done with the Inversion.

So, I never have thought that my mood changes with the weather. I'm a pretty even-tempered person, as almost everyone will attest. But OH MY GOODNESS I AM SO DONE WITH THIS STUPID INVERSION. (How's that for throwing a fit?)



I love Utah. Don't get me wrong. But when an inversion sets in, I am so ready to move.

I think I could handle the gray, but the worst part for me is that I can't run outside. Apparently, running outdoors is like smoking a pack of cigarettes. Kind of negates the purpose of the run, I think. But day after day of looking at the yuck, then boring runs on the treadmill at the gym, then more looking at the yuck has done me in.

So this morning I drove with Ben to Park City, pulled the Bob out of the trunk, and RAN IN THE FRESH, CLEAN AIR. On a snowpacked trail. Next to a running stream.

Ahhhh...

So much better.

6 comments:

Liz said...

Good for you! I guess the running club aint gonna happen for a while, huh? I ran on the treadmill with my ipod yesterday...it's just not the same! Oh, and congrats on the new niece!! Exciting!

Malisa said...

I'm so impressed that you drove so far just to get in a good run. I'm really going to be like that one day. Really.

Danielle said...

The lack of inversion is one of my favorite parts of NOT living in Salt Lake. Fresh air all winter, baby!

The Dunham Family said...

I loved your idea of going to Park City to run. I decided to head up today since K-gartener's would be gone for a long time. Should have looked at the weather report it was crummy weather. I feel lucky to be alive considering all the fog and black ice I went through.
Maybe another day.

Tracy said...

ME TOO ME TOO! Not the part about being a good girl and finding a way to exercise, the part about being sick of the inversion. I'm needing some sunshine about right now - you are my hero!!!

Gaylene said...

I done with this too! I can't breathe when it's like this. Maybe we all should move for 6 weeks. Then back to good ole' Utah