Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July


I love the Fourth of July more every year.

Maybe it's the neighborhood parade. Kids on decorated bikes and scooters, snowcones, popcorn, fish pond, face painting.

Maybe it's having down time in-between activities, time to relax, nothing scheduled.

Maybe it's hanging out at the pool with family and neighbors.

Maybe it's pizza and treats on the front lawn with people I love, watching the boys light off all the fireworks they could dream of, talking lazily and happily.

Maybe it's the Sugarhouse fireworks show that we watch while lying on the lawn.

Maybe it's the slow heading home, cleaning up, sending tired children to bed, satiated with good feelings about my country, my neighborhood, my friends, my family, and another wonderful, practically perfect Fourth of July.

Whatever it is, I can't wait for next year.

And to go along with the overabundance of fun, here is an overabundance of pictures...Just living large, that's all...

11 comments:

Nanda said...

ok does motherhood ever allow for sleep? EVER? :)

Looks like you guys had so much fun!!

Liz said...

Those were fantastic pictures! Captured all of the best moments! I didn't know about "Naked Man"....maybe I will walk in the parade next year! :)

Janae said...

Kerri. Let me put your mind at rest. DON'T MOVE!!! Seriously. Your kids looks so happy where they're at & neighborhoods like that are so very hard to find. That looks like a 4th of July of dreams!! I'm ever so envious of your life right now. Your kids will have the happiest memories from their childhood. Great neighbors really do make all the difference. :0)

Becky said...

You take such great pictures!!! You have a beautiful family. We wish we could be with you for the reunion. Have fun!

Shannon said...

That looks so fun!

Danielle said...

Looks like the all-American 4th. Total Americana.

Heather of the EO said...

I feel the same way! I love the fourth of July so much, even more every year. For many of the same reasons. I'm so glad you had a good time. :)

Becky said...

Great pics, Kerri!

The Dunham Family said...

Nakey guy makes your family look very classy!
Love your zoomed in shot. ha ha

Always fun to see you at the pool.

Malisa said...

That all looks a little too good to be true. Maybe next year, I'll just come hang wherever you are.

I'm glad I don't have to make the same decisions as you. When (if) mine comes it will be over a possesion (the house) and I hope that makes it easier.

Camille said...

Love your color-coordinated kids - how festive!
Camille