Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Picture of the Day 1.12.10


One thing I actually like about living up here is the wildlife. It's kind of a kick to see deer all over, grey foxes walking by the back window, and I especially love the birds. The chukars are my absolute favorite. They're like big ol' fat quail with super loud voices and they run all around the neighborhood. Today I saw another eagle and we've had woodpeckers on the deck recently. I've also fallen in love with these huge flocks of little black birds that fly around in big groups. (What are they, Christina?) Normally they're down the road a bit in some big trees, but today we've caught them flying around our house a few times. The sound of all the wings, the sight of the black against the (frustratingly) grey sky...I dig them. I just wish I could have caught the immensity of the flock...

No comments: