Thursday, January 7, 2010

Picture of the Day 1.7.10


Yesterday was Epiphany or Three Kings' Day. Normally, the kids put their shoes under the tree on the EVE of January 6 and the next morning they find treats inside their shoes and a present under the tree. THIS year, we decided to put the shoes out on the night of January 6. Why? Because I forgot on January 5th, of course. Are you at all surprised? We like Three Kings' Day...the kids love extra presents, David and I like spreading out the Christmas fun just a little longer, and I love having an excuse for keeping up our decorations.

3 comments:

ann cannon said...

What a great idea!

I love the whole Christmas season. Wish I'd started this tradition when my kids were young and I still had energy.

Nanda said...

So fun - what a nice tradition! My favorite things of this time of year are thinking about what traditions we want for our brand new family. This one is awesome, and the kids get the best of the deal!

Gaylene said...

Love the great room and tree!