Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Heating Pad 5.7.10


This is a bit of a strange picture, I know. And yes, you might guess that I forgot to take a picture until late. But I'm kind of glad, because this darned heating pad is a major part of my life around bedtime. Josh (never a good sleeper, and always a master of excuses) always needs this warmed up ("Three and a half minutes, Mom. Please???") AFTER his teeth have been brushed, he's read, and he's been read to. (We're reading Lord of the Rings together. We started last April when he had the flu for three weeks. We've got about 100 pages left.) Every night I say, "You need to remember to warm this up BEFORE you get into bed." And every night he looks at me and says, "PLEASE, Mom."

And every night I give in.

I know. I know. It's my own darned fault. I'll be firm one day. But for now, I traipse up the stairs, stick the heating pad in for three and a half minutes (unless I cheat and do three) and take care of my cute boy.

2 comments:

FLEUR de Lo said...

Malisa made one of these for me but I haven't used it in a while. I'm a little cold tonight, what a nice way to get toasty quickly...{Lora}

Malisa said...

And that is why I had that microwave in my bedroom...