Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day 5.9.10


I think it's sad that I have no picture of myself with my offspring from the day meant to celebrate this very bond. But oh well. That's the way it goes around here. But look at this cute Sophie. She's way way way too old and I'm freaking out.


Instead of a picture, though, I did get a delicious breakfast made by said offspring: muffins, a banana smoothie, and fruit. Also, I got to sleep in, which is all I actually wanted. (Oh, also for David to put the kids to bed.) Ben ate the tops off of four muffins and stacked them like Legos.


After church, we trekked up to Heber and celebrated with David's mom. Another amazing meal. She's a remarkable cook. She's let us know lately, though, that at her funeral, we're not allowed to talk about her cooking. Or her hat-making. She's already assigned gospel topics to each of her children. They are to give a 2 minute talk on the gospel subject and not mention her much at all.

We told her that if she's dead, there's nothing she can do if they don't stick to their gospel topic and instead talk about how wonderful she is.

She said if they're naughty enough to do that, she'll haunt us.

I love David's mom.

I also love my mom, and my grandmas, and I missed my mom bunches.


3 comments:

Danielle said...

I also wanted a beautiful photo of me and my adoring children on mother's day. Unfortunately none of them were feeling very adoring that day. As far as Mother's Days go, it was closer to the lame end of the spectrum at our house. Oh well, maybe next year.

Sophie is looking beautiful! Maybe we can lock Sophie and Sarah away in the same tower for a few years.

Amber said...

Lots to say: I have no picture of me with my spawn, either.

I thought I was the only one who asked for sleep for Mother's Day! It really is the gift that keeps on giving.

Your daughter is beautiful. And she does look like soon she will be a teenager. Is that okay to say?

I told my family if I die before them and they have an open casket, I will haunt them horribly, however I can. But I would love to have them brag about my cooking.

Malisa said...

Our picture ended with a child and me crying.

P.S. Your word verification is getting annoying with all this commenting I'm doing. Of course, maybe I just shouldn't save it up so much...