Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Another Orchestra Concert 12.9.10


Josh had his junior high holiday orchestra concert.  He's first chair in the upper orchestra and looks so confident on stage.  I can't believe how much more he loves the cello than he did the piano.   I also can't believe I went back on one of my first parenting decisions: that my children would play the piano until they could play every hymn in the LDS hymnbook.  There are only so many battles I can fight, though, and since he's still learning an instrument, I've decided to let go of the guilt.  I think I'll bribe him to learn hymns next summer: $75 if he can learn and perform 10 hymns well by the end of the summer.  It's cheaper than a month of lessons, and he ALMOST made it this summer.  I think he'd learned seven.

No comments: