Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Midway Creche Exhibit 12.5.10


Our tradition on the first Sunday in December is to have dinner with Dave's mom and sister and attend the wonderful creche exhibit in Midway.  It's my favorite way to start the Christmas season and helps remind my little family that Christmas is about the arrival of our Savior on earth, not just about getting a whole bunch of stuff from a guy in red (which is fun, too.  Not knocking Santa or anything.)  


Ben started dinner a little before the rest of us.  He ate yogurt.  We ate roast, potatoes au gratin, orange rolls, green beans, and I don't remember what other amazing food David's mom made.  We had the better end of the deal.  Wish I knew why this kid won't eat real food.  He told me to take off the crust from his orange roll...  SERIOUSLY, kid.  Get over it already.

The boys decided that dishes sounded like more fun than waiting in line to have the kids' picture taken in costume.  I think they were wrong, but I didn't complain.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your creche photo turned out beautifully! And I love your Swedish pancake breakfast with the neighbors. What a wonderful tradition! xoxo