Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Obligatory How-Does-Time-Pass-So-Quickly-and-How-Can-I-Make-It-Stop? Post

It was Ben's birthday on Thursday. He turned two.

Yes. Two.

I spent the morning in a blur of emotion because, well, you know, he's two.

He was just born, I swear.


He just turned one, I swear.


So how could he be two?


But the calendar doesn't lie, so although my heart wants to deny it, my mind has to accept it.

And Ben at two? Oh my. Charming. Kissable. Mischievous. Darling. Darling. Darling. I want to bottle him up. I'd make a fortune (well, except people might ask for their money back when he tears into their funeral cakes or draws on their piano keys.)

Ben loves RC cars, singing, counting to 12, pizza, spaghetti, most forms of sugar, reading, dancing, his bro-bro and sissies, his daddy and mommy, Little Einsteins, Clifford, his cousins and friends, being outside, being silly, sticking out his chin when he smiles, chewing on his fingers or his coat or his collar, waffles, chocolate milk, trucks, GeoTrax, babies, and hide-and-seek. He makes us happy. He's growing up too fast. STOP IT ALREADY.




6 comments:

Liz said...

LOVE that boy! I've loved watching him grow up! He makes me so happy when he says..."Hiii!!!"

Danielle said...

What a cute big-boy haircut! He's adorable!

Malisa said...

Cute boy. Love the brownie with the candles. That's what he wanted, right?

Janae said...

Oh cute post! Happy Birthday Ben!

Camille said...

Happy Birthday, Ben! Love the descriptors, even if it feels obligatory!

Amber said...

He is adorable. You have beautiful children! So, when is #5? hahahah!!!