Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wish Me Luck

Actually, many of you already have, and I appreciate you!

I just got back from practicing at the hall. It went well-ish, and I'm excited. Nervous, a little, but excited. It will be nice to share these fantastic pieces with so many of you that I love.

The dress thing finally worked out, after much adventure.

I memorized one piece yesterday that I felt like needed to be added. (Scary? Yes.)

My sweet mother has been here helping watch the kids (and do dishes and read books and do puzzles) so I could practice.

My sweet sister has been doing Kate's hair and helping her choose an outfit.

My husband loves me and has been thrilled about this whole endeavor.

I love the gift of music and what depth it has brought into my life. Setting this goal, excavating this part of me...it's been a great journey. I'm thrilled that I get to keep moving forward and to find out what I'm supposed to do next.

3 comments:

Liz said...

WOW!!!!! I could just add a buh-zillion of these !!!!!!!!!! I am so glad I got to be there! You are amazing! Thank you for pushing yourself and being willing to share your talent with the rest of us!

Camille said...

You did a wonderful job - it was so enjoyable and I really appreciate your taking on this challenge and sharing your talent (and heart and soul, as musician performers do) with those of us priveledged to hear you play!

Camilla Millar said...

Kerri, sorry I couldn't make it, but reports say that it was wonderful. . . thanks for being such an inspiration to all the rest of us!