Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Taxes

I just filed my extension.

How I justified filing an extension:

My recital took a lot of time away from working on them.

I would rather grumble about doing taxes than actually do them.

I was in a car accident yesterday.

Procrastination makes me feel alive.

I don't REALLY want that refund or to pay off the bills that have been waiting for it.

I like to make other people (those of you who finished your taxes long ago) feel virtuous and happy.

(Feeling virtuous and happy now? Good. I've done my duty.)

5 comments:

Malisa said...

DO YOUR DANG TAXES!!!!!

Danielle said...

Hey, we file an extension every year. No biggie.

Katie M said...

oh goodness, those are great excuses.

car accident?! are you ok?

Camille said...

Hope you're OK from your car accident - and after that, hope no kids were in the car - and after that, hope the insurance covers andy damage done to your car... Good luck with that hassle in addition to the taxes... I don't envy you!

Holly said...

I almost filed an extension too, but I was able to finish them by 9pm on the 15th. I just hope the IRS doesn't audit me! Taxes are messy for piano teachers.