Sunday, October 11, 2009

Giving Thanks, Day 5

Today I am grateful for the gift of the Sabbath.

Yeah, growing up, Sundays were boring. More rules, less things that we could do, three hours of church... Every kids' dream, right?

But now, I am truly truly thankful to have a day of rest. Sundays didn't feel so restful when I was in the Primary, granted. Meetings don't add to the restfulness of a day. But after a month of non-stop long, hard physical work, I am relieved when Saturday night comes and I know the next day will be about my relationship with God, my family, my church congregation. Honestly, I have rarely been this tired for this many weeks in a row, and Sundays really allow me to have a little time to recuperate before the next six days come to trash me.

Today we had my brother Steven over to hear about his latest summer in Alaska as a dog musher. He stopped in Utah on his way from Alaska to So Cal. The kids did hours of art projects, I made cinnamon rolls. We laughed, we stepped over boxes (AARGH! The boxes!!!), and we enjoyed our time together.

Tomorrow it all begins again. School. Practicing. Lessons. Unpacking. Cleaning. Organizing. Sigh. I wish it were Sunday all over again.

Also, I MUST RUN!!!!! If I'm going to meet that crazy 1000 mile goal, I've got to get out of bed and run.

1 comment:

The Dunham Family said...

Are you going to do the Snow Canyon Half?
I am. Hope you are too. Did 13 on Saturday, now if I could get rid of that darn plantar fasciitis.