Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Adventures in House-Showing

We listed our house two weeks ago and didn't have one person come to see it.

We lowered the price yesterday.

Today at 1:35 I got a phone call from my agent asking if it was OK if someone came between 2 and 3. I was supposed to leave at 1:45 for Kate's piano lesson. I called Liz and asked if she felt like doing a good deed and she ran over and helped me pick up quickly and clean up the kitchen. We ran around insanely and got it all done and she took Natalia (the dog) to her backyard.

We got home from piano at 3:00 and the realtor had not come. (It's nice to have a neighbor to spy on things like that for me.) Natalia had eaten grease and a dirty diaper in Liz's backyard. (Wow, Liz. I bet you want a dog now.) We hung out on the front lawn until 3:30, when I decided most likely no one was coming after all, and it was safe to go back home.

At 4:05, sitting in the basement, I thought, "What is that SMELL?"

It was the dog. Grease and dirty diapers lead to truly smelly dog farts.

At 4:06, I saw an Audi pull into my driveway. Realtor. Potential buyer.

I grabbed Ben, the dog and her leash, and sprayed lilac room spray to try to mask smelly dog fart.

The downstairs then smelled like lilac farts.

I don't think we'll be getting an offer.

11 comments:

Katie M said...

Oh Kerri, you are so hilarious. I hope the next showing goes better!

Lori Mills said...

I'm thinking you need to read the book "Walter the Farting Dog" it is SO your story. Love this one, I've got tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. Do you make this stuff up?

Camilla Millar said...

Thanks for the laughs, but seriously, that must have been a totally frustrating afternoon.

Shannon said...

LOL! Aw, Kerri, I hope next time goes more smoothly.

Gaylene said...

Hilarious. Try Gardenia next time!!

Danielle said...

Maybe the people love dog farts? Okay, probably not, but by the end of this you will be a wonderful quick-cleaner.

Liz said...

What a day!!! Sorry it was so crazy! Oh, I am definitely NOT a pet person...I can't even stand little boy FARTS! Kyle was so excited to go out and play with her, but we'll just enjoy everyone else's for now!! :)

Camille said...

Ha! I remember reading this book where the clever 10-yr old boy wanted to name his dog "Farding" which means cute or putting on make-up or something -- then you get to the point in the story where there's company over for a BBQ or something and the mom catches the dog snitching off the table, hollers, "STOP THAT, FARDING!" and some lady gets really offended and goes home.

Better luck with the next one...

Stephanie said...

I'm laughing out loud!! You are really trying hard to sabotage this, aren't you Kerri?! :)

Malisa said...

Never, never getting a dog. I know way too much of all the mischief Natalia gets into. Never, never. :)

Emilia said...

my computer won't let me read your latest post about soccer tryouts. Did all go well?