Friday, June 5, 2009

Oops...

So I posted all about how cool my boy was for making the Davis County comp team after I got an email from the coach welcoming him to the team. Assuming he made the team seemed like a safe assumption after that, right?

Except after I blogged about it and made an enormous deal about it when he got home from school and he was beaming and feeling super cool, I got another email from the coach that pretty much said, "Oh, and by the way, it's not the PREMIER team we're talking about, it's the second team. Sorry for any misunderstanding."

So I had to tell my boy, who was rightfully disappointed, and take down my post, which was a little embarrassing.

What's that proverb? Don't count your chickens before they're hatched?

Yeah.

But still, Josh, congrats on the five goals you made in the scrimmage last night, my wonderful boy. Won't it be nice to finally know which team you'll actually play on? Living in Limbo Land is getting a little old.

3 comments:

Gaylene said...

Yuck! I hate it when that happens. Good job though Josh.

Danielle said...

Seems like the letter could have been a little clearer. Ambiguity is not something you want when dealing with kids egos!

Amber said...

Sounds like he added insult to injury. Josh sounds like an awesome kid!