Monday, June 29, 2009

Old Dog Update

After I finished my last post, I spent some time sitting next to Tally, crying my eyes out, preparing myself for the worst. I felt worn out when I crawled into bed. Emotionally spent.

This morning, after I carried her (all sixty pounds of her) outside to lay in the shade, I went inside to get her blanket. When I came out, she wasn't where I had put her. She had gotten up, walked slowly to the gravel area she uses as her bathroom, and was taking care of business. She then slowly and unsteadily walked back to where I stood. I was cheering and clapping and making a remarkable fool out of myself. She just kind of looked at me funny.

She ate the wet food I gave her and drank water. She moved to shadier areas when the path of the sun stole her shade.

She has some fight left! Way to go, old dog. We love you.