Saturday, October 9, 2010

Guess What Sport Josh is Loving? 9.15.10


I was always so grateful that my children were small because I knew my boys would not play football and all that it entails: namely, wearing lots of pads and being knocked to the ground over and over.

Instead, Josh has decided to fall in love with a different sport.  Lacrosse.  Now he gets to wear fewer pads and get knocked by big metal sticks over and over.

Hmmm.

I should be more worried about this, shouldn't I?  Instead, I'm kind of loving his lacrosse coach (our neighbor, Gary) and his lacrosse teammates (boys also newly reveling in their changing voices and using them loudly on our carpools to lacrosse practice) and also his love of all things lacrosse.  I think he would sleep with his stick if it wasn't a little uncomfortable.

And also, please ignore the green tint to this picture.  I could have edited it, but I didn't because, well, I'm still three weeks behind on my pics.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh my gosh, Kerri: La crosse is brutal! My nephew plays it and loves to show me bruises/cuts and regale me with stories of cheating and viciousness. I had no idea. He says it's a man's sport! (he's 15!)Prepare yourself!