Monday, November 17, 2008

Giving Thanks, Day 17

I am thankful for Family Home Evening.


No, really, I am.

Disclaimer: We are not great about having FHE. We go in phases. Sometimes we do a story and a game. Sometimes we just have a treat. But since I quit teaching, we've had many more "typical" Family Home Evenings than ever before.

I even made an FHE chart. I'm so home-makery, it kills me. (But I just made it out of badly cut pieces of cardstock stuck together with a push pin. It's a 1 (lame) on the crafty meter.)

Tonight was a SUCCESSFUL evening. My sweet kids, my sweet husband, ALL of us participated, and voices were only raised once or twice. Hooray for mostly happy family time. Josh taught us from the Doctrine and Covenants, we read a story to Ben, the girls sang a song together, we talked more about gratitude, we had pumpkin shakes, and we played Modified Boggle. Whew. (I love Modified Boggle. Experts have to find words with 4+ letters, intermediate players find words of 3+ letters, and Kate can make any word she wants with any letters she sees. Good times.)

2 comments:

Liz said...

I'm impressed!!!

Tracy said...

Sounds like a perfect evening. I love how you are so "real" - you make me feel good, not guilty. I love you!