Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks, Day 25 & 26

Day 25

I'm grateful for David's relaxed attitude today.

When he came home from work, David did not even mention how crazy it is that our downstairs is still covered (COVERED.) in papers, pictures, concert programs, childrens' artwork, and I'm not even sure what else. What a good man. What a patient man.

Instead, he made a big deal about how great my grocery shopping bargains were and how much money I saved. This is a man I'll keep. (Oh, and he also said I'm getting skinny...My oh my. I think my brain may explode.)

Day 26

I'm grateful for seeing my family room floor.

I'm getting closer to finishing my organizing. Oh my goodness. I had no idea how long this would take. I pictured ample time pre-Thanksgiving to polish the baseboards, re-cover the kitchen chairs, make new kitchen curtains, and of course by now I was planning on freezing my homemade rolls to pull out of the freezer tomorrow morning, finishing up the final touches on the yams, and making jam to go along with dinner.

Ha ha ha. Did I mention my optimism is sometimes inaccurate as far as results are concerned?

Time to get back to the paper madness...

2 comments:

Camilla Millar said...

He certainly is a keeper--sounds like your basement looks like mine (any tips on what to do with the endless papers from Kindergarten?)

Michelle said...

I love this idea! I wish I would have done this. Makes me think. So cute!