Thursday, November 20, 2008

Giving Thanks, Day 20

I'm grateful for my dad.

It's his birthday today! Happy birthday, Dad.

My dad gave me more than his white skin and quick temper. He gave me a love of friendly competition, a desire to learn, a loyal heart, and a love of family. I hope I also got my love of a good time from him...my dad plays as hard as he works.

I also learned about sacrificing for the Lord from my dad (my mom, too!). My dad and mom always had callings that often called for much time and effort. I never once heard either of them complain about what they were asked to do. They simply did it. I am grateful for this example, and have come to realize just what an amazing gift that was for me.

So thank you, Dad, for honoring your priesthood, teaching me about working hard, and letting me live to adulthood. I know I tested you. You needed it...life was too easy before me. Ha ha.

No comments: