Saturday, November 29, 2008

Giving Thanks, Day 29

I'm grateful for my good, kind parents.



I've already talked about my dad, but he and mom came up last night to see new baby Evelyn, and we were able to spend a few hours together today. This made me very grateful.

When I count my blessings, being raised by goodly parents must come in near the top of the list. I have learned many important lessons from these two: that debt is to be avoided, that an education is to be gained, that family is dear, that playing games late at night is memory-making, to never give up, to work hard and play hard, that popcorn and orange frosties are delicious, to encircle yourself with friends who love you, and always to love the Lord. Are my parents perfect? The short answer is, of course, no, but also yes.

Thank you, Mom and Dad, for all you have done and continue to do for me and my family. I love you.

1 comment:

Janae said...

Oh, I love your parents too. They could quite possibly be at the top of my list for most understanding parents EVER! I miss them like crazy. Last year at this time, we were playing those nightly games every single night with the good old popcorn and orange smoothies, and man oh man did your dad give me a run for my money! He's quite the competitive old man. :0) Your thankful posts have been very fun to read. Kind of sad to see them go.