Sunday, November 9, 2008

Giving Thanks, Days 8 & 9

I am grateful for David's decision to run the Snow Canyon half marathon with me.



WE DID IT! We ran together, and I loved it. The race was gorgeous, the weather was beautiful, the experience was unforgettable. I think we'll run this race every year. Anyone want to join us?

I'm so grateful for Lyndsey.



We love my niece Lyndsey so much. She sacrificed her weekend to take wonderful care of the kids. Art projects, late night movies, and a CLEAN HOUSE...amazing. My kids were NOT thrilled that we came home in the early afternoon today. They wanted her to stay forever.

I am grateful for Liz and Jeff.



We are blessed to have amazing neighbors all around us. Liz was one of my training partners when we ran our first half marathon. We've had hours of wonderful talks on the road and I am so thankful to have a friend like her. She and Jeff are funny, kind, and loyal friends who have helped me in my life so much. Liz ran the race in 2:02! Woo-hoo! She is amazing (I already said that, didn't I?)

I'm grateful for the earth and its glories.



Seriously. I got to spend a morning running in this majesty. The world is a gift.

Oh, and I'm really really thankful for ibuprofen. And so is David.

7 comments:

Karissa said...

I am so proud of you. I think a half marathon is perfect. How lucky that you had David to run it with you. Good job!! You are amazing!!

Katie M said...

I hate running but I think if I was in Southern Utah it wouldn't be such a drag. Looks like you had fun! Glad you had some husby time!

Malisa said...

Congratulations! That is amazing that you both did it. I don't really know that I'd EVER be capable of that.

I love how you said "WE ran together. I loved it." Did David?

Liz said...

That was an AWESOME experience!!! I'll totally do it again next year as long as I can do some training on downhills ahead of time...my hips and quads are killing me!!! You'll see how I'm walking tomorrow! I'll get you the finish pictures as soon as I can! Thanks for going out with us last night. We had such a good time chatting and pigging out with you guys! AND, thanks again for bringing Jeff down. He said the drive went by so quickly with you guys...I don't know if that's the wonderful conversations you had or Dave's fast driving??? AND thanks again for the motivation to do the race in the first place! You're the BEST!!! So proud of both of you!

tonandboys said...

Wow! You are all so amazing! (Kerri, David, Liz, Karissa) So Fun! I love your Days of Thanks. Such a wonderful idea. I am so excited to see your blog since I never got my facebook going. This I can handle.

Stephanie said...

Good Job both of you! I have never run any sort of marathon, so I can only imagine how much work and dedication it took to do. Congratulations. You inspire me. Ever since I heard about your upcoming (now past) race I've been trying to decide how I could start running. You'll have to share some secrets with me.

Deedles said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Glad you survived! AND THANKS for the pictures. They are darling!