Monday, November 24, 2008

Giving Thanks, Day 23 & 24

Day 23

I am thankful for Thanksgiving!



I've been planning our feast for this Thursday, and I'm so excited to have some of our family gathered with us to celebrate gratitude. And food.

I love food.

I love sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and gravy, pie, stuffing; oh, I'll admit it. I love it all.

And sharing Thanksgiving with people who are dear to me is great, too.

(Have I ever told you about the first Thanksgiving at our house? The one to which my cousin invited a girl suffering from anorexia? Yeah. It's a good story.)

Day 24

I'm grateful for getting to start over every day.



I like to think of the night as my reset button. I seem to need that reset button every single day. Didn't quite help the kids well enough with their practicing. Didn't study my scriptures. Got sidetracked on the computer (what? Who, me?). Didn't spend enough quality time with David. Didn't find someone to do something for. Read too much. Didn't practice. Ate eight cookies. Didn't run. Couldn't get myself focused on organizing the house.

And so, every morning, I get to Try Try Again. That sometimes feels overwhelming, but I am the eternal optimist, after all, so I often think, "TODAY is the day I'm going to get it right!"

Somedays I get pretty close to right. Most times I don't. But every day I get to try again, and that is a blessing.

1 comment:

Malisa said...

Um, I'm not with you on the food part, but the reset button? Definitely.