Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Giving Thanks, Days 11 & 12

I'm grateful for so many things that seem insignificant, but are remarkable.

I am thankful for hot water that comes on when I turn on the faucet. I'm thankful that I can take a hot shower every day.

I am thankful that I have a home that is palatial when compared to the average home size in the rest of the world. I am grateful for windows with screens. I am grateful for a furnace in the winter and an air conditioner in the summer.

I am thankful for a grocery store with an enormous variety of food to choose from and that I can afford to feed my family well every single day.

I am thankful that we have enough clothes and blankets and shoes.

I am thankful for access to modern medicine.

I am thankful for cars that run and telephones that work. I am thankful for modern communication.

I am thankful for libraries with their access to books and information.

I am thankful for the public school system, where the majority of teachers are dedicated, talented professionals.

Sometimes I forget how amazing it is that we have all of these blessings. It's so easy to take daily life for granted. But we are SO BLESSED. (Seriously so blessed. Ha ha.) Any of these things would have been considered an unimaginable luxury 150 years ago, and yet I still FORGET to be grateful.

No comments: